Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Autumn Food Coloring!



It's Fall and to me nothing could be better!  What is there about this time of year that makes you want to just rake up the leaves into a tall pile and run and jump into them like when you were in the 4th grade again?  Just open the door in the morning and let me out to play.  I'll breathe in that fresh crisp air and listen to the rustle of the leaves as I walk on them!  I'll come in as it turns dusky and then see the breathtaking colors come alive by candlelight inside!  

My eyes could never tire from taking in the beauty that is all around as the leaves change to such yummy colors.  When I look at those trees immediately this is what my mind sees:

cinnamon
cranberries
nutmeg
dry mustard
cumin
clove
oregano
basil
chili powder
curry
pumpkins and the multitude of squash colors available

...........and here is the most terrific part of the visual.........it's FREE!!!  .....we didn't have to rent a video or go into a dark movie theater to see it.

Now, for those that visit the Hastings Farm Bistro, the best part begins..........my brain sees those leaf colors in the form of:

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie 
 

Mushroom & Barley Soup .............and let's have.......Sourdough Bread with it......YUMMY!
  


Cinnamon Rolls with golden raisins & pecans or
 
Baked Empire Apple with dried cranberries
  

let's 'present' the table for our eyes to feast on while we eat!
     

oh.......and don't forget the buffet for Autumn beauty and always candy assortments!

No matter where you turn, warmth and comfort prevail in the Autumn home.........
color can be truly amazing !! 

2 comments:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

We want RECIPES!!!!!

;)
Jackie

Isn't it Amazing! said...

How TOO funny.......only two sisters and one says
We want RECIPIES!!!!.....and the other says...........
No recipies........we want to EAT it!!!

I love it...........all the same, yet different;)