Monday, November 17, 2008

The Church of the Amazing Ladies Room!!

How about that for a title huh? 

I believe I've mentioned it before, but just in case you didn't hear me.............things cease to amaze me no matter where I go, and I happen to be talking about a 'literal translation' in this instance, just in case you have The Message or something!

The worship service was wonderful.  You would have thought Michael W. Smith himself was up there and he brought his 'peeps' with him.  The pastor gave us a message that was excellent and made us really think if you know what I mean.  

Now, all of that still couldn't change the fact that when the last amen was spoken, I was in my mind, charting my course to the ladies room, and yes, I was going there before we drove home, thank you very much Mr. Barista!Ok, ok, I won't be long.

I casually fast-walked to the ladies room and just before I hurried in, caught a glimpse of this V E R Y pregnant lady and decide that I really should hold the door for her and she should go first. Her urgency to get to the bathroom is certainly greater than mine I deduct in my thinking and yet.. talk about a gracious lady......she insisted I go first. The stalls (what an uncouth word for such a feminine place) were all-but-one occupied and even though she insisted I go first, I absolutely could not go ahead of her.  Now there were two other women waiting and here I go again with the"you first, no, you first, no really, you" dialog......wow, these people are amazing for certain!!!  They each insisted that I take the empty 'place' so finally, I did.

Well! I open the door and I cannot believe my eyes!!!!!  The toilet looked just like all the others I've seen behind the closed door but ..........it was tiny.   No I REALLY mean tiny.......... and 

                                    It was about 12" off the floor! 

                                                

oh, and did I say 12" at the most!!!!!  Well, I'm telling you, these strong leg muscles are not for nothing girls!!!

Yes, I did go and yes, they were all smiling big 'ole smiles at me and then I smiled back and told them that it really pays to be agile in these special places.....

..and NO, I didn't 

 sprinkle on the seat either!!!

Obviously, this church caters to the children which is very nice, even at a newbee's expense.

Maybe my code name for this place should be The Church of the Tiny Toilet.  

You're laughing but when I asked my newfound friend several months ago where she and her husband attend, she told me straight-faced I might add, that most of the time they attend services at:
                                    The Church of the Holy Mattress!!! 
  Amazing!                       


2 comments:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Too Funny!!!!
It makes me think of the Movie Uncle Buck and the scene where he is at the Elementary School and has to use the pint sized urinal!!! Big Ol' John Candy trying to pee into a teeny tiny thing!!
Do you suppose that as soon as the door shut with you in there, all of those very polite ladies were looking at each other and silently going hysterical?! I know I would have been...

;)
Jackie

Isn't it Amazing! said...

ha ha ha....you can COUNT on it

;) T.V.