Monday, August 18, 2008

It really is........amazing!



You know, it really is amazing!  Just look at these beautiful hydrangeas.....all alike and yet different  ...and from the same bush right out of my own front yard. They make me think of brothers and sisters. No, not bushy little heads but from the same family "tree".

It's funny how we, like the flowers, can be so alike and then some things are so different.  Take one of my wonderful sisters for instance.  We are only 10 and 1/2 months apart and lots of things are the same but we have one HUGE difference.

 She has a broken thermostat. Yes, you read that right, her temperature gauge is all out of whack!! 



She thinks that the perfect day is one that starts out at about 80 degrees and then reaches 98 by noon and of course the dew point needs to be in the low 70's range to complete the mix, oh, I mean soupy mess.  You can't go to a mall shopping with her because she's cold as soon as you go through the door and unless you have some clothes on that you can spare shedding to keep her warm, you have a reeeeeeally quick shopping expedition. 
 
Now here's where it gets interesting:

She just about had me convinced that I was crazy because she is always saying that EVEN my girls agree with her.  Now that's ludicrous because how could that "hot gene" skip over to MY kids?   Oh well, anyways, here's the deal.............

I've been watching my neighborhood for 3 full months now and NOBODY (and I'm not kidding about that) comes out of their homes except by vehicle to go to work very early in the morning.
SO........"curious minds want to know" and who better to ask then Larry!  Larry knows everything I figure seeing as he's the mailman.  I say Larry, how come I don't see anybody outside around here.  He screaches, "Maaaam, are ya crazy.........it "hurts" it's so hot out here during these months!!!"  He looked at me like I was dumber than a doorknob.  Well, guess what?

I closed that same door behind me and smiled as I leaned on it................breathing the nice cool air inside!

It really is amazing!


 

1 comment:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Try adding in menopause...
i.e.
Hot flashes...
I mean, "Power Surges"...

Experience THOSE and THEN come talk to me!!!

Love the new site...
(especially your header!)
J.K. which is cool-talk for "just kidding"!

It's about time you showed the world just how talented you are!!!

;)
Jackie