Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Maybe It's Just Me




I don't know.....maybe it's just me, but did you ever have one of those days where everything goofs up.  No, not the horrible "oh my goodness, just whisk me outta here Lord" day but the kind where you just think you've got it together only soon to realize you don't?  Well, that was me today.

Things like .........you go to pick up your new sunglasses with the Polarized lenses in them and you just KNOW these are gonna be the best thing since whipped cream on your favorite coffee beverage. 
Now that's pretty cool, cuz 10 yrs ago just the suggestion of whipped cream on coffee would have been totally unheard of. 

Oh people, the things you learn when your man is a "Barista"......



okay, on to my story.     So.......I put these oh so chic glasses on knowing that I'll be able to see anything in the sun......after all, I saw the hidden parrot on the display case that one can ONLY see with the polarized lenses.... this is truly amazing in itself!!!  BUT I can't see with them on!!   Everything I'm looking at is wavy.  What!  how can this be...I know the shape is a wrap but I'm seeing in "warp"    They're messed up all right but after a double and triple check of my prescription and the glasses and and hour and a half spent in the office,  I leave with the promise that they'll "call me" when they get them right.  Ok, no big deal, I've waited this long for them, what's another week.

 On to the next thing before I have to pick up Barista Man.

The post office Nazi( as I've fondly dubbed him) just does NOT operate on my "joy frequency" and I go to this little- known secret place inside of the Shell station often.  I try to make him smile by treating him nicely but to no avail as of this printing.  I leave somehow feeling that if only I was a job counselor, I'd advise him to be an actuary......."JUST the perfect job for you Mr. Post!

Pretty much everything else went that same way so when it was time to pick up my Boyfriend from his dream job,  I just parked the car and waited for him to walk out those doors with a drink in his hand .......for ME!  All the time dreaming of my first sip of  this long awaited treat of the day.....a  Half Caf, grande, non-fat, no foam, 180 degree Espresso Macchiato!!!

Oh yes people....... I know how to "call" the drinks now, lest you forget I am the Barista's woman!

My Macchiato has it's snug little cover on it but I think to myself..... if it smells this good,  I've just got to SEE this dreamy drink before I take a  sip. Oh that looks sooo good so I put the top back on before I close my eyes and take a dainty little swig.  What's that hot feeling on me?.... You guessed it......coffee down the front of my shirt and then on my skirt.    oh bummer!

We were going to make quick stop after work and instead the "neat one" also known as the man who didn't feel the need to see his drink,  brought me home to change my clothes  Don't bother with the garage door I say to him because he's going back to the store and I'll just sneak in the front door with the key and not make myself a sight to behold with half a drink down the front of me.

So I gather the mail, my purse the garage door opener, my keys and of course the remainder of that wonderful, I can't wait to drink this beverage and as I'm turning to unlock the front door, I see that smiling guy in our car waiting to make sure that I got in ok calling to me.......honey, why don't you go in the garage...... it's open!  

I look at him puzzled.  'Well, why is the garage door open?' I ask and with an even bigger smile as he drives away, he calls to me...........'because you're squeezing the garage door opener that you have in your hand and it's going up and down, again and again.'!

Oh yes, it is amazing!

1 comment:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

As the sister of B.W. aka T.V.(tricky vicki), I can attest to these facts:

#1) She does indeed have an off the charts, "joy frequency"... We once had her tested by a top joyologist and they did in fact, tell us that her scores were indeed "off the charts".

#2) Her need to look at her food/drink prior to eating/drinking is a genetic thing...(our family tree has many of these traits, including a few 'branches' that smell thier food filled fork at the dinner table before eating! She and I thankfully were spared THAT particular gene!... But unfortunately NOT the baby-fine hair one!)

;)
Jackie