Saturday, August 30, 2008

Little Green Riding Hood




I don't know people....... call me crazy, but I think there was something a little special about my market excursion today.

Could it possibly have been the little green riding hood basket.........a.k.a.  my very own monogrammed market tote?   

 Not sure but.....

I found some of the most beautiful things at the Market today...................just look!!  Are these things not amazingly incredible or what!!

The lettuce on the left of the picture is called Oak Leaf and it is so tender and really looks just like oak leaves. They say it's a Southern lettuce. 

(THEY?? say..............who are THEY anyway?) 

The blackberries have been available for about 2 months now and although THEY claim not, I believe they must be grown under Duke Energy power lines because not a one of them is less than the size of a grape tomato............

Hey, that reminds me of all the strawberry picking my family has done in Baldwinsville all these years.............the girls and I used to get shocks off them from time to time if it was damp out!!!

          

Well, my fresh market basket was much more full than I've shown you but now I've got to DO
something with my great buys.........oh and that would be OTHER than sharpening my brain with Market Match today!

........tune in Monday..........I'll keep you posted on what I come up with for the
Bistro at Hastings Farm 

1 comment:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...

Looks like dinner & dessert at your house tonight!!

Hey... I agree with the whole 'they' thing.... I think 'they' need to keep their mouths shut once in a while.... it seems like they ALWAYS have something to say!

;)
Jackie