Friday, August 29, 2008

To Market To Market...to buy......




I LOVE THE MARKET!!
especially with my 
new favorite thing...
a personalized market tote...........how cool is that!


There is just something amazing about the market.  No, not just the regular grocery store kind of market but THE market...........the farmers' market which is generally referred to in most places as the regional farmers market.

Almost without exception, I would go every week to the Syracuse market and be awed by the wonderful array of fruits and veggies and plants.  I would get so excited about being able to buy a plant for $2 that before I knew it, I had a whole garden with a total 90' of perennial plantings.

I really do think that frequenting that type of shopping keeps your mind sharp. Remember the childrens' card game called Old Maid?  Well, it's kind of on that idea.

So the first rule for your shopping adventure is to peruse the isles or sheds to collect your information

You've GOT to remember who has what and for what price!

In most cases, you'll be finding things that "look the same but are different"............I LOVE it:):)

Undoubtedly, if you buy the first tomatoes that you think look terrific, you'll most certainly find that you'll travel to the next area and find that you spent WAYYYY more than you should have.  For instance, beautiful tomatoes were $3/lb. and then I saw them for $4/lb  only a few vendors up on my journey. 

 BUT!!  no sooner was I thinking of heading back to the $3/lb farmer and I found them (in abundance) for .79 cents/lb.

In case you forgot the card you didn't want to have in your hand while playing Old Maid........it was just THAT.........the one with the old maid on it  
The connect between that Old Maid card you've just drawn and mindless shopping at the market might just be the $4/lb tomato purchase if your brain isn't kicked in while on your farmer- fresh market trip. 

So, grab your Starbuck's tomorrow and head for a little mind sharpening excursion...........

Get smart!!  Go shopping!!

I'll show you what's in my basket and I'd love to hear about what you find amazing there!

No comments: