Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On Special Assignment!



Just in case you've wondered where I've been this last week, I have been on a very special assignment called Gabriel's Watch and of course I can't tell you where or well... you know what happens!

Oh yes, that's me, a special agent, chosen from a group of elite candidates to take care of two adorable little girls while their parents vacationed at Cape Cod.   I know, I know, you're thinkin' 'why can't these parents nowadays take their kids with them' but I guess they just felt they needed a break from the everyday of being at the house.  
I am not at liberty to give out the parents names or the address of their modest home but I assure you, these two little girls lack for nothing.  

I have four typed pages of instructions ranging from their eating habits to just where they'll sleep and then how and when they'll talk to me or when they like to dance................oh, and where their hair bands are... should one break.

Mom & Dad told me that they are loving, obedient and truly the best children they have ever seen and you know what?............amazingly, they were right. 

They like to watch me in the kitchen while I watch the experts on tv and fix their fancy dishes for them.

 
When I talked to Mom last night just before she knew I'd be getting the girls ready for bed, she said that they tried to change their airline reservations to come home a day early because they miss the girls so much but because of a new ruling that has just taken effect as of Sept 1st it now costs $150 per ticket..........yes, just for the change!!!.............they will be staying til Thurs. as originally planned.

I assured her that they were fine and that I'm kissing and hugging them and watching them like
 'a hawk'...............oh NO!!!! .....why did I use that expression!! 


See out this kitchen window??
  

Well, it's a beautiful 20 x 40 foot open porch, which sits two stories up from .........

this picture where a very large hawk likes to swoop down and snatch moving objects!!

Mom and Dad's biggest fear is that this hawk will fly down and attack either Sarah or Rebecca
..........now.... I've said that I'll watch them like WHAT!!!    After calming Mom down I call:


Okay girls, it's time for bed, let's go !!  Without a moment of hesitation they head for bed!
(my own girls should have been so easy)

Now, in this next picture Rebecca is waiting for Sarah to enter their bedroom:


Do you see Rebecca on the oriental rug? 

I'll bet you thought that was one of the girls' toys??
No, that IS the youngest 'child' who weighs 3-1/2#.  Big sister Sarah weighs almost 5#.

Gotta run now because Aunt Vicki has to pick them up and put them in their bed now.



Tell me all this isn't amazing??? 
Bet you wish YOU were a Special Agent now don't you

2 comments:

Thoughts from the Deep End said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thoughts from the Deep End said...

It's soooo amazing, in fact, I'd like to smack them over the head with a rolled up newspaper...
the mom and dad...
NOT the 'girls'

Of course I'm kidding...

;)

PS - Remember MY thoughts on these such things?
http://thoughtsfromthedeepend.net/2008/07/you-aint-nothin-but-hound-dog.html

PSS- they are lucky to have such a good friend as you!